Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Phil in Germany
Phil in Germany
Duesseldorf/Germany
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
Well I'm digging deep to find some friends to ride with, calling a long time biker buddy of mine today. Actually we tend to see each other periodically as a matter of course, and had been talking about going out together some day- But he ONLY rides when it's sunny out! So there goes most days... laughing

Thankfully, today was quite sunny, if not a wee bit chilly. I saddled up early and hit the road. This guy's been bugging me to come over to see his garage. He had somebody do a lot of work in it and has jazzed it up considerably. I've been kinda putting off going to see it, because well frankly..... well there's really no good reason, I've just had. other stuff happening. Today I tossed him a bone so he could show off his man-cave. And he tossed me one and said he would actually roll his bike out and RIDE. grin

Well his garage make-over IS pretty nice.

[Linked Image from ricochetridersmotomojo.zenfolio.com]

AND he keeps his bike pretty clean. Well OK he keeps his bike VERY clean

so it's not like he's going to leak oil onto his nice new. plastic flooring or anything. But don't let me go al. sour grapes or anything here. His garage IS lovely. HE likes it and that's what counts, and wouldn't I love to have a garage? Sure, I would!

Well anyway, it was more about riding so before too long we got on with it. We took off from Mount Holly Springs and rode... well I guess we rode south. Along the south mountain we went, thru farm country, down to the small town of Shippensburg. From there we rode out into the Cumberland Valley, sort of loosely following a route that Wade, and Dave M and I rode a few weeks ago- but in reverse. That only worked so well and soon enough we came out onto a bigger road named Roxbury Road, that led us to, well Roxbury. We got out there and tho it's nutlike I'd never been here before, but for some reason, I guess I'd never noticed this one old guy's yard. I HAD to stop and get some photos of this stuff.

Seems there was an old foundry in or near Roxbury for many years or decades. Mr John worked there his whole life and by the looks of things, he has one of almost everything they ever made, on display in his yard. Of course we weren't about to go traipsing around his property without permission, and getting it was easy as he was out working in the yard. We had fun talking to him and boy was he a talker.

Leaving him, we popped over the north mountain (having crossed the valley by now) on PA 641, heading over to Spring Run at the intersection of 641 and PA 75. Here at this crossroads are a grocery store, a restaurant, a bank and a gas stop/convenience store called the Spring Run Pit Stop. Among other things the Pit Stop has a really good burger- their very own Boom Boom Burger. Currently they are only offering take out food service, tho- so I got burger to go and sat outside to enjoy it. The Pit Stop is active and lively. Miss C & I stopped in there a couple weeks ago on a sunny Saturday- there were probably 40 or more motorcycles gassing up or parked, with bikes of all sorts passing by, and coming and going the whole time we sat there. That area has a large Amish community so there is often at least one hors & buggy tied up, and more often than not, buggies rolling past the place as you sit and enjoy the sunshine and people watching.

Today was pretty quiet tho, so we didn't hang around too long. We rode back up 641 a very short distance towards Roxbury, but made a left and stayed in that valley, known as Path Valley- where 75 runs northeast to southwest in a giant arc. The idea was to stay as close to the mountain as we could, on the smallest paved roads there are. I often do this- just follow my front wheel and "navigate" by feel, and by looking at the ridgeline or other landscape features. Also, it. helps a bit to have a basic understanding of where north, south ,east & west are... but in truth, I know most of Pennsylvania so well that I can pretty much go anywhere within 150 miles of home, and not REALLY get truly lost. I might not know where Im going specifically, but for sure I'll come to road I know at some point. The basic ridge-and-valley geography of the middle part of the state does help in their regard. in that for the most part, you're either traversing a ridge or running parallel to one.

Anyway, Route 75 sticks pretty close to one ridge so there really aren't a whole lot of roads out there. Eventually we ended back out on 75, so wit limited options, we turned off to the left and bumbled around over there. That too led us back out to 75 in the tiny village of Concord, and tend east/north again.

Shortly after leaving that village we turned off to our right onto Horse Valley road. I'd always heard of this valley, and had ridden up and down 75 many times. Today we wreaking an effort to do more "bumbling" than flogging it, and Horse Valley seemed to fit the bill. SO off we rode into the (relative) unknown. Well the road went and went and went some more. Looking now at the map, we could maybe have extended our tour fo Horse Valley a bit but I don't recall seeing any paved roads leading off, although the map does show s some side roads that wind further up against the mountain. We stayed the course however and came back out on 75 at East Waterford.

It wasn't long before we turned onto PA 850 and headed back towards more familiar territory. Over the ridge we rode into Perry County. Gassing up at Louisville we rode over the next ridge on PA 233 at Col Denning State Park, situated in the Doubling Gap. We picked up a shortcut at Ginters Mill up to route 944 East and rode that direction for a while until we decided to randomly cut back across the Cumberland Valley. We rode past Opossum Lake, and traveled Creek Road along the Conodguinet. Finally we cut more directly across the valley and wound up back at Mount Holly Springs. I rode home from there and ended up with about 183 miles on for the day. The bikes ran great and it was a great day out!

here's a LINK TO THE REST OF MY PIX from John's yard if ya feel like looking.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another good weather day, then later in the week its supposed to be back to humid and hot.
Might take the bike out again for more of the same! I've done so much riding lately, I need to figure out someplace different to ride! I'm going to get some work done on my 2 bigger bikes- once that's done I'll foray out further afield. Maybe do some overnighters up in. northern PA or something. Looks like it's going to be a LONG summer of almost daily riding!

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Tom bro dude, once again WoW, LOVED your mate's Harley and his garage reminded me that my own garage's floor covering, needs changing as it's almost at Flash Point.... shocked

Then just as I thought I was safe, I clicked on the link to see the rest of the photos from John's yard, Jeez Louise, well that knocked it outta the park dude. Couple of things there I'd sure love here, and there was I thinking only Blighty had eccentrics..... clap

OK dude, keep riding and posting, sure makes life easy seeing y'all enjoying the time off y'all got.... beerchug

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
Shaun, me n Wade went to Coney Island a few weeks ago. Just in case you're not hungry, here's a few pix I took on transparency (color reversal) film, from that very same run.

Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs, Coney Island USA
Hasselblad 500cm
80mm Planar lens
Fuji Provia 100F film

love these colors!

Last edited by ricochetrider; 06/02/20 8:43 pm.

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
One of my current photo projects is documenting Pennsylvania's coal country- its small towns and back streets, even some of the mining operations- if I can get close enough to that. I mentioned this above, in a post but here is a LINK TO MY GALLERY OF SHOTS that I have so far. This is a mix of phone pix and stuff I shot on film- including B&W and some color stuff. All the B&W so far has been shot in medium format (120) film, the color on 35mm.

The coal industry reaches far & wide in PA- a lot of folks still het their homes with coal, for example. This means there are aspects of the coal industry in unlikely places, so I don't always have to travel up to "coal county" to find some "coal country content".

Here's a teaser pic (cropped from 6cm X 6cm square to a 3:2 rectangle) that I like, but see more photos in the link if ya want. These were shot in and around Frackville PA

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
Hi everyone, hope this finds you well. We had a nice weekend, seems the lockdown dam got a tiny crack which soon became a flood of stuff going on. It began when Cynthia told me that Gerry told her that there was some sort of motorcycle event going on on Saturday. Good news may travel fast but this- although good news, was shadowy and incoming from via the grapevine!! Seems that the NYC BritBike gang from Sixth Street Specials was coming in as well, so this was news indeed. I figured I better get a handle on this and flush it all out.

I called Wade and asked HIM what was happening. He told me there were flat track races scheduled for a dirt track out near the town of Hanover, and that the crew of our friends in the city was definitely coming down to race. He couldn't seem to fill in any details tho so a quick jot out the the World Wide Web soon turned spa. phone number for the Trail Ways dirt track. I called and spoke the nice man, there who confirmed that they were holding racing on Saturday with Vintage class races in the earlier half of the day and more modern racing going on in the evening. Well Yee Haw. Out of all the usual vintage motorcycle events we normally do all spring and into the year, everything so far has been cancelled. Here, however, after all this shyte, was an honest to goodness vintage bike event!

Saturday dawned and boy was it HOT. We've gone already this year from being miserable and cold with some rain, straight into already having had our first tropical storm with a 2nd having made landfall yesterday, and temperatures slated to be into the high 90s all this week already! What the absolute f*@#. I was up E-A-R-L-Y. Not that I saw the *actual* dawning of the day but folks, I was up not too long afterwards. The "plan" was to hotfoot it down to Wades and meet him at 0800. Gates opened at 8 with practice runs and qualifying heats shortly thereafter, and racing at 10,00. Rather than ride down, we took the car so we could handle carrying all the camera gear. Wade had his "big rig" digital Canon and also a sweet little folding Polaroid for some instant gratification. I was packing a couple film cameras, my digital rig and my phone.

We were able to drive right into the pits as part of the "Sixth Street Team". Things are pretty loose out here in the country! It didn't take long to locate our gang, they were there with the bikes out, already getting set to begin the day.

We had a bit of a mooch around the pit area. When all was said and done, I took zero photos with my digital camera. I shot a few rolls of film and shot s one phone pix. Wade shot a handful of polaroids, not sure he ever shot a whole lot with his digital camera?

Of course there was a bunch of eye candy around

But that's about all I have, since I was mostly shooting film.

Here's some shots of the initial heats tho. The first class of bikes out was the old American iron

These guys weren't running too fast but boy was it great to see them out there in the dirt!

Last edited by ricochetrider; 06/08/20 12:20 pm.

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
There was a pretty big selection of bikes. Lots of Harleys in various classes, twins and singles running Rotax and different motors. There were 2 stroke and other Japanese bikes, in a couple of classes, and of course the Britbikes in 2 or 3 classes. I think we stayed through the entire process of qualifying heats, but left outta there by early afternoon, before proper racing began.

Here's one more of the old American bikes

SO, it was a great day out- even as hot as it was. We had a great time hanging out talking to people and taking photos. We kinda had to hot foot it out because Wade had some job that got pushed forward and Miss C and I had an evening "engagement", a bit of a cookout and get together with a few friends elsewhere.

Not sure how many other motorcycle events there will be all summer- but you can be sure I'll make every effort to get out there with the cameras. In a couple weeks or so, I'll have this film processed so look for more photos at some point. I have 5 rolls out for processing right now, too- so maybe there'll be something to share from that lot in the interim.

Cheers, everybody! I appreciate y'all tagging along.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
A great day out Tom.... Here are the polaroids I took at the races .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
Thanks fr posting, Wade! Those have such a great, lo fi look to them. Now I wanna get a polaroid!

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
WaBob would love the "oldie" photo effects. He posts a photo every Tuesday on fecebook.

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, a BSA, & some Japanese
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
SX70 and polaroid 600 are the two that I use and I know they still make the film

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
Originally Posted by wadeschields
SX70 and polaroid 600 are the two that I use and I know they still make the film

Yes and they sell the cameras (brand new) too, but WOW, they're not giving them away.

B
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
B
Polaroid 600 is the standard film used on a lot of microcsope photo backs.
The volume used in the iron & steel foundries would put Fashion Week to shame.

Did not know the Sx 70 was still being made.
Excellent colour from them but they do tend to fade with time.

Bike Beesa
Trevor
DOPE
DOPE
i used to use panatomic x, 32 asa. had an old leica and a. adjacent darkroom

nice setup

2 members like this: ricochetrider, wadeschields
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I havent tried it with the new emulsions but the SX70 was the choice for squishing the emulsion around while it was developing , for a cool look... Never my thing but I should try it to see if the new film still does it...

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
Things have been a little less boring for me. lately, as I've been out and about. Last week was a short run south to visit friends and family. First stop, Onley/Onancock, on Virginia's Easter Shore, where a long overdue visit was in order, I mean since I was driving past and all...

Got out of the car at my friends' sweet OLD house and they had a bunch of crepe myrtle going in their yard. This brought back many fond memories from my youth- before I lost my way! laughing Seriously tho, both my. grandmothers had crepe myrtle growing in their yards and we kids would clamber all up, in, and over them.

Loads of history in this area going back since just about the beginning of. time. My buddy there is a history buff but also a bit of a treasure hunter. Arrowheads and such were hs thing for a long tie but more recently his subject of choice has been searching out the first settlements by Europeans along the coastal shores in that area. This has resulted in bits and bobs, from ancient belt buckles and coins, with other more mundane items fr om daily life in Colonial Virginia. He was lucky enough to hunt out one of the first settlements and be the first one to search the land- turns out this was located on private property and nobody had given a thought to what may've gone on on the spot before he got to it! Sorry but no. pix of any of that, I did have a bunch. of cameras along but as of yet haven't sent film to the lab, so all of what I'm showing here are phone pix, as I never even got my digital camera out of the car!

Moving south, the next stop was Norfolk to see some first cousins, taking the scenic route, or course

this cool old church building sold for 32,000.00 not all that long ago!

every little wide spot has an old RR station. sadly, the railroad stopped running down here ages ago

crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel: somehow this never grows old. However many times I've crossed this, it thrills me to pieces to this day

well the HOPE, while in Norfolk, was to see cousins from both sides of the family and to drop off china sets I inherited from my paternal and maternal grandmothers via my mom... Sadly, my cousin on my mom's side and her daughter just didn't respond to any of my communications! Ah well, I had a really great time with my cousin Ginny and her family... great people, so genuinely nice and sweet.

Ginny's youngest daughter lives next door and the four grandkids are a lively lot! Good kids, and believe me, there's a lot of character going on in this bunch, can you tell?

Is it possible to fall instantly head over heels in love with a gang of young relatives? Methinks so.

Moving down to North Carolina, the next stop was at the old family home place on the south side of Raleigh NC. My older cousins there are a really nice bunch of folks. Funny, even tho our extended family isn't real close and never has been, I continually marvel at how lucky I am to be related by blood to so many wonderful people! To a person, every member of our family and extended family is just super! Without exception- there is not one difficult or even remotely bad person, each and every one is a total joy to be around. What a blessing, I wonder. how many. people can honestly make this claim?

SO meanwhile My cousin Nancy is currently fighting cancer. Nothing for it then in the middle of the ongoing pandemic to stay elsewhere. Again, thankfully- Having fr vends everywhere has its upsides. A quck reach-out to our BritBike.com buddy Jim Hunsberger and I was set to spend a couple days with he and his wonderful wife Ann Marie, near to our family, in the smaller NC town of Fuquay (pronunced "few-kway") Varina. Again this is an old town that still has a semi active railway line, and still has its old downtown rail station building...

Last edited by ricochetrider; 06/23/20 3:30 pm.

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
the back of one of the outbuildings on the property that once belonged to my old Great Aunts'. The house is one of the few remaining original homes in the area, owned by one of the original families living out between Raleigh & Fuquay Varina- and is established as having historical significance.

After a couple days at The Home Place, and a fantastic visit with Jim & Ann Marie (thanks so much, you guys are awesome!) and. my cousins,

I moved over to Greensboro NC to see my brother. He's working and living there currently, although he landed there by accident. He had told me there's not much happening. in the town but I beg to differ! Loads of cool old neighborhoods with typical small cottage homes, similar to those you might find in many I not most of the bigger southern cities, numerous little hotspots within the city limits with old shops turned into commerce zones, neat and interesting pockets serving their immediate neighborhoods. Loads of character, and some of the old textile mills were converted to living/working complexes, as well. Ray & I had supper out then spent the evening just driving around checking out the city and various zones within the city limits.

Next day, I headed back north. Were I to bee-line it, I could make it home in roughy 6-7 hours from Greensboro, so that allows time to strike a more leisurely pace and stick to back roads for much of the way. This meant traveling through the northern tier of rural North Carolina and southwestern Virginia. Traveling a route such as this, there's always a bit of time to cruise some of the fabulous Blue Ridge Parkway, which truly is one of our Great American Treasures. Way things are going with the current lot of criminals in Washington & their campaign to eliminate National Parks and Wilderness areas and open them up to oil & gas exploration, this could well soon be oilfields and industry- so make no mistake- I was definitely going to get a bit of "parkway time" in, while it's is still pristine!

Lots to see before I got that far north tho... I love all the old country style stuff, small towns and open country, aspects and imagery from times gone by, and all the signs of rural living that are so close to my heart. It makes for great photos, the imagery is just too tempting not to stop and take some shots.

So long, North Carolina, see y'all next time!

Last edited by ricochetrider; 06/23/20 4:42 pm.

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
When I was a kid, we moved around a lot, being as m dad was in the Army. He had a 1955 Triumph TR2, and we seemed to always have time to travel rural back roads. My dad always said that we had to wave at folks sitting out in their yards or on front porches. I still do this, decades later and find that by and large, most folks readily wave right back! This is such a small thing but to me it is one of Life's Greatest Pleasures.

Since our family was located in North & South Carolina, much of our back-road time was spent driving through the U.S. South. To this day, I love the sort of and deeply "southern" vibe or "country" things that crept into the broader consciousness. Clearly, a lot of this stuff doesn't make sense any more but some of it was and remains harmless. The original, long since replaced, Mountain Dew slogan, "it'll tickle yore innards", was clearly seen ages ago as derogatory towards Southerners but it's still barely visible here, decades later. This Mountain Dew sign from the early-mid 1960s typifies this trend of a country whose traditions were and largely remain steeped in rural life, It stands as a testimony to the importance and strength of companies that came directly out of the south- and the impact many of these companies had on life across the whole of the United States, both socially and economically.

One can almost imagine hanging out at this old store sipping a mountain dew in the summer heat. The stories these old seats could tell!

Moving along, it wasn't too long before Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains came into view. Driving north out of North Carolina and up into Virginia, every single creek and river I crossed was turgid and rushing with muddy water as tho some rains of near biblical proportions and swept the state. The James River, as seen here on the Blue Ridge Parkway, was about as far north as this phenom went however.

Not to worry, tho as the sun was giving it its best effort this day!

Arriving home, finally, after many twists and turns, I was greeted by this view of "our" sky as I stood in the driveway of the Sky Box at Negely Park, giving thanks for my wonderful family & friends, for a safe journey, for having a great home and lady to return to, and all the many blessings of my life.

Cheers, everyone! Look for more adventures to be posted soon, and thanks so much for riding along.

Last edited by ricochetrider; 06/23/20 5:16 pm.

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
OK so thinking about Mountain Dew and its country, southern origins led me to Wiki.

Here. for your informations dn reading pleasure, is a WIKI ARTICLE ON MTN DEW, the company which did indeed have its origins in Knoxville TN back in 1940!

Yee -and indeed, haw.

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
Meanwhile in Lancaster County

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
So a couple weeks ago some friends of ours had a cabin rental up in the Northern Tier of Pennsyltuckey. This is about as serious as wilderness gets on tehEast Coast USA and infant is. one of the very darkest places in the U.S.- probably in the top 3 darkest nationwide. This is south of US Highway 6, but in teh general area where @mikeg was holding the One State Mountain Ride.

We had a great time with them and he & I got some lawn chairs out on Sunday night and leaned back to watch the sky. I'd never been in a place so dark that you could view satellites causing across the sky and not to mention the stars being just crazy. That alone was a personal, all-time highlight. BUT this is in an area where a secondary creek runs into a bigger creek, and all of that runs into the west branch of the Mighty Susquehanna River, maybe 30 miles to the south of where we were at. The smaller creek is Slate Run; the bigger creek is Pine Creek. OH BTW- the forecast all weekend had been for rain, rain, and more rain. All week. Sunday dawned beautifully however and the skies became more and more clear as the day went on! Sunday night was crystal clear, it could not have been a better night for star gazing!

Ages ago, and I mean back in the late 1980s, I first got up that way because a buddy of mine at the time, knew of a swimming hole up there. Now this is 2.5-3 hours north of where we live. How he knew of this hole, I have no idea. I had vague memories of it and of how to get there. And when I say it's pretty remote well it is exactly that. I say my memories were pretty vague, well they were VERY vague. We'd run up there in the hottest of summer days, get up there and it'd be 20 degrees cooler- AND the water temps areaways COLD.

Now the set-up is that Slate Run is a generally not-very-deep trout stream. This hole is pretty huge and has an estimated depth of 18-20 FEET. Above the hole, the creek runs across flat rocks and makes about a 3-4 foot high water fall into the hole itself. There are BIG rocks and bluffs (of sorts) on both sides, and now some people have hung rope there to swing off of. Wel this became our mission and after some mucking about we found the place. My friend's wife's family has had a cabin at the tiny "village" of Slate run for generations and she had never heard of this swimming hole. BUT we asked the lady at the Slate Run store- who knows a lot about the area and she aimed us in the right direction- which was only a start to what turned into a sizable effort.

But find it we did indeed- so now my friends can take their kids there and enjoy wild pennsyltuckey when they go up there for Grace's family's annual reunions. Wildlife seen over our stay here: 1 bear cub, 2 bald eagles, many deer, many large fish, ducks, geese, and other birds- and butterflies galore!

Here's a few pix for your viewing pleasure.

Looking downstream on Pine Creek from the rental cabin. This is about 8 miles below the village of Slate Run at Cammal, PA

PA is rife with old school hunting camps like this one

kids

Shayne

turning back to flag the crew in

upstream view of the hole

kids again, in the water

downstream view

rock with rhododendron & Shayne, below the main hole

typical view of Slate Run

the air above the water at the swimming hole was thick with these massive yellow swallowtails & Eastern black swallowtail butterflies

This place turned out to be as great a place as I remembered- 30 PLUS years ago (!) and it actually has changed very little in all this time

ALTHOUGH the water, which used to be darn near crystal clear, is now a lot less clear. Still, tho with a mask you could no doubt see the trout in the hole as you swim the depths along with them.

Stay tuned for more boredom as 2020's ongoing __________ continues.

Last edited by ricochetrider; 07/01/20 6:13 pm.

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
SO. we are still in something of a... well, a something for sure. We're not locked down but we aren't 100% opened up either. I'm not "back to work" because frankly, the entertainment industry won't be holding any major live events any time soon. I've spent the months shooting photographs, moving about solo, whether by (motor)bike or by car, and sticking to small gatherings of 6 or less with the closest of friends only.

I've made some effort to push my photography forward; I bought a 3rd film "back" for my big camera- this one turns a square into a rectangle. My medium format camera shoots a 6cm X 6cm frame; the new A16 film back provides. 6cm X 4.5cm frame. The backs for the Hasselblad are interchangeable, so there's one "new" thing I've been doing. Aside from that, I got some devices for the camera called extension tubes. These allow for close up photography. not exactly macro, I don't suppose, but then again, I'm not certain I understand the difference between macro and an extreme close-up. Anyway, I have been shooting just about non stop. At this point, I have 7 exposed rolls of film that need to be processed, and film in both cameras.

So here's a bit of a smattering of some of the things I've shot since March. I'll try to present these roughly in the order in which I shot them.

Staying at home means shooting at home, so...

here's a shot of our living room:

one of my close-ups

popped across the river one night, after midnight, to shoot some empty street scenes. Only ones around were me AND the police. I drew some "looks" for sure, but didn't get any hassle.

I've done some running around, just me & my cameras in my car

abandoned one-room schoolhouse- this shows the 4.5cm X 6cm frame

another close up, in 4.5 X 6- back in daffodil season

an old friend of mine, who I hadn't seen in years and years, died not long ago. I had the occasion to spend some time on his land and in the trailer he lived in. For some reason, I felt like I had to shoot these old family photos of his. The trailer had been cleared out but nobody took the, and I guess it felt like just one more tragic element in the whole thing- which hadn't ended well for him. Maybe I got some form of closure from shooting these? The photo at lower left may be my buddy during his Army/Viet Nam days?

I've always been fascinated by this sign, high up on this antenna-looking tower. The bar below it remains but isn't called "Borsa's" any more, now it's The Brickyard.

Last edited by ricochetrider; 07/05/20 7:27 pm.

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
So there's an old iron bridge not too far from here. Actually there have been quite a number of these around and the state is slowly replacing them, one by one. Few have the character this one has. It's closed to traffic now, pending some decision as to its fate- suddenly there's a movement to "save" the bridge- even tho all the years have passed without any effort to date to fix or maintain it.

I took a camera out there to shoot it.

Sheepford Road Bridge

R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
Fantastic pics and stories !

The Mid Century lamp is full on swinging in my book and would love to find one like that. Teak perhaps?

"Back in the garage with my [***] detector
Carbon monoxide making sure it's effective...
----THE CLASH-----

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
Originally Posted by rick e.
Fantastic pics and stories !

The Mid Century lamp is full on swinging in my book and would love to find one like that. Teak perhaps?

Aw shucks, Rick, thanks man. Glad you’re enjoying everything, and I very much appreciate the comment. The lamp... pretty sure it’s mahogany, teak has a totally different grain structure. Methinks it’s sitting in too strong a light- seems like it’s fading a bit and feels a bit dried out too. Need to oil it up a little, or wax it, or something.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com