Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Phil in Germany
Phil in Germany
Duesseldorf/Germany
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Happy 500th to the Prospect of Whitby , London ... Open as a pub since 1520 . I see a quest forming Kev!!! Lets get the crew together for this one as soon as they let us back in your country.....

Or how about a pub craw.
https://secretldn.com/oldest-pubs-in-london/

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Wade man dude, a London pub crawl, NOW you're talking.... thumbsup

Get a train up to the Smoke, mooch around for a bit, then dive into pub or three. A bit of nose bag, and two or three more pubs, ending up at the Prospect of Whitby. In all that time not one tip having to be worked out, and what price is displayed, is the price you pay.... shocked

NO having to sit there working out what tax is it in this area, or is it 15% we've got to leave for the waitress. Only decision will be, what beer we drink in THIS pub... grin

And as it's a pub crawl, no thinking of paying the London congestion charge, or forking out for parking indeed no thinking of WHERE to leave the bike safely. Just a case of using public transport and Shanks Pony to get around... beerchug

Might even try to get a ride on the River Thames itself lad, all we got to do is wait till the Plague is over and the All Clear sirens sound.... help

Course there might be a down side to this, and that's the next morning, waking up to someone else's head on your shoulders, your mouth feeling like a Bear's chuff, calling for Hughie & Ralf on the White telephone, and saying Never Again. Along with the Lovely Janette reading out the riot act, and telling your fortune AGAIN.... facepalm

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
My last London pub crawl (23 years ago now) started at noon to meet old workmates at some pub near the Monument ending eleven hours & two bottles of gin later at Aldgate. Then tube to Uxbridge & cab home.

Why gin you may ask?

Because I've never had a capacity for more than a couple or so pints but I was a happy chappy with gin.
No conversations with Ralph via the big white telephone

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride"
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan
who does not do politics

Life member
Life member
I'm in

69 A65T
71 B50T
85 K100RS
54/59 A10SR
69 B44VS
71 A65FS
95 Trident
Too much moderation is bad for you.

Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
The big white Telephone laughing laughing

Sound like a date then ......

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
K
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
K
I took some friends from the USA to a little pub not too far from me, the Old Bell, in Henley on Thames, but;t in 1365

http://kevindean.zenfolio.com/

http://backstreetthunder.wordpress.com/

1963 BSA Super Rocket
1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
1973 Guzzi Eldorado
2006 BMW R1200GS

1 member likes this: ricochetrider
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Ohhh! Luvly place to relax after a long red eye from the colonies to Heathrow and a ride into the city. Would love to be there to wish them birthday greetings.
A favourite place where we rested up after a big day in Rochester was The Cooper’s Arms on St. Margrets Street. We were supposed to be in town on business with the Medway Board of Education, but not much happened the next day after a late evening at Cooper’s. I looked it up and it’s likely I won’t be able to get back to Rochester and The Coopers Arms 500th anniversary in 2043 being 96 by then!
Happy memories of the Little Gem in Aylesford, but sadly it has apparently closed. Someday after this plague is beat down I want to get back to some of those historic watering holes.
Cheers and stay safe.
Don in Niagara

1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor
1969 Triumph Tiger 650
1 member likes this: wadeschields
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Originally Posted by Kev.
I took some friends from the USA to a little pub not too far from me, the Old Bell, in Henley on Thames, but;t in 1365

The Rose Revived was also quite lovely, even if we were only there for a pint. Guess it's relatively "young" tho, compared to these other ancient haunts.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com